May 1, 2017
Sound Physicians’ Thought-Leaders Presenting at Hospital Medicine 2017 Annual Conference
Hospitalists come together to learn about the latest research, best practices and newest innovations
Tacoma, Wash. – May 1, 2017 – Sound Physicians is a physician-led organization with a proven model to improve patient outcomes throughout the acute episode of care. Hospital Medicine 17 is an educational conference for hospitalist providers that draws more than 3,000 physician leaders and providers. Sound’s hospitalist physician leaders are presenting at the Hospital Medicine 2017 Annual Conference in Las Vegas, May 1 through 4.
Sound Physicians presentations, abstracts and posters include:
- The Quadruple Aim: Strategic Initiatives to Foster Engagement and Build Resilience across the Continuum of Hospital Medicine. Lauren Meade, MD, FACP, Director of Clinical Learning & Development. Presenting with Eileen Barrett, Elizabeth Harry and Sima Desai (May 2 from 2:50 pm – 4:20 pm)
- Making “Everything We Say and Do” a Positive Patient Experience. Mark Rudolph, MD, SFHM, VP of Physician Development & Patient Experience (May 4, 7:40 am – 8:35 am)
- Impacts of Anxiolytic Medication Type on Intensive Care Unit Length of Stay. Evan Lenkowsky, DO, Program Medical Director, Critical Care. Abstract 85. Evan Lenkowsky, DO*; Laki Gajic, RN, BSN; Keriann Barnett-Howell, MPH; and Marina Farah, MD, MHA. Abstract.
- Hospitalist Break with Convention to Drive Discharge Throughput and Making Huge Impact. Abstract H. Vipul Shah, MD, Chief Hospitalist. Abstract.
- Implementing a Hospital Based Transitional Care Management Initiative Reduces Readmission Rates. Edria Hoff, RN, BSN; Mary White, RN; Jennifer Grande; Diane Anderson; Kim Couch; John Larkin, MS; Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD; Len Usvyat, PhD; Laki Gajic, RN, BSN; Jocelyn Ludwick; Keriann Barnett-Howell, MPH; Marina Farah, MD, MHA and Michael Radzienda, MD. Abstract.
- The Use of a Patient-Safety Checklist Reduces Hospital-Associated Infections. Ryan Soliz, RN; Laki Gajic, RN, BSN; Jocelyn Ludwick; Keriann Barnett-Howell, MPH; Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD; John Larkin, MS; Len Usvyat, PhD; Marina Farah, MD, MHA and Steve Brizendine, MD. Abstract.
- Effects of an Education Initiative on Appropriate Utilization of Telemetry. Mihir Patel, MD; Laki Gajic, RN, BSN; Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD; John Larkin, MS; Len Usvyat, PhD; Keriann Barnett-Howell, MPH; Marina Farah, MD, MHA and Samir Patel, MD. Abstract.
Sound Physicians’ colleagues will also be among those designated as a 2017 Fellow of Hospital Medicine (FHM) or Senior Fellow in Hospital Medicine (SFHM) for their ongoing commitment to hospital medicine specialty. Sound Physicians is proud to recognize several of the 2017 Fellow designees:
Senior Fellows in Hospital Medicine
- Anthony M. Zepeda, MD, SFHM
- Joe Joseph, MD, SFHM
- Brian Carpenter, MD, SFHM
- Oladimeji Akiode, MD, FACP, MBA, SFHM
- R. Vijay Kumar, MD, PhD, FACP, SFHM
Fellows in Hospital Medicine
- Abrar Ahmad, MD, FHM
- Christopher R. Pruitt, MD, FHM
- Kathy J. Weishaar, MD, FHM
- Lasongia Morton, MD, MBA, FHM
- Laurie W. Harper, MD, FAAP, FACP, FHM
- Nicole Schneider, MD, FHM
- Sumathy N. Iyengar, MD, MBBS, FHM
One of Sound Physicians’ core values is service, which includes work in the hospital and the communities where our physicians and advanced practice providers serve. This year at the HM17 Annual Conference, we applaud the efforts of three of our physician colleagues and are supporting charities they are actively involved with, including Uplift Help International, nominated by Dr. Emmanuel Chukwu, Somos Amigos, nominated by Dr. Erika Walker, and Guide Dogs of Texas, San Antonio, nominated by Dr. Sowjanya Mohan. Event attendees will have the opportunity to vote for one of three charities nominated by their peers at the Sound Physicians booth (#725).
Robert A. Bessler, MD, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Sound Physicians, commented, “It’s great to see the deep investments we make in our practice being shared with the broader hospital medicine community.”