Last modified 02/24/2022
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On our Websites;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy;
It does not apply to:
- Information collected by Us offline or through any other means;
- Any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website; or
- Information you provide to us while being treated as a patient or using our online services available through Website. Such information is defined as “protected health information” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its attendant regulations (“HIPAA”) and is subject to our Patient Notice of Privacy Practices.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Websites. By accessing or using our Websites, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Personal Information About Children
Our Websites are targeted primarily for use by adults. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age-identifying information, except on job applications and reservation forms, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. However, we advise all visitors utilizing our services under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any information through our Websites. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (see the Federal Trade Commission’s website for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s user’s information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Types of Information
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, title, postal address, e-mail address, and/or telephone number (“personal information“);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details; and/or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your company, industry, and other general non-sensitive information
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes any information provided at the time of requesting further services, submitting inquiries and filling out job applications.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- First-party cookies – Sound uses first-party cookies to verify users when they log into their account within the Platform.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Sound, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
When you use our Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to manage and delete cookies across a wide range of devices. However, please note that if you select such settings, you may be unable to assess certain parts of our site, or certain content or functionality may not be available.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- If you are a patient, to send you a link to allow you to securely access or discuss with your provider your protected health information and other confidential personal information.
- If you are a patient, to send you appointment reminders or confirmations.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your email preferences or unsubscribe when you submit forms or receive communications from us.
- If you provide us with a phone number, we may communicate with you through phone calls and text messaging. We will only contact you via phone call or text message as permitted by federal and state laws. By providing us with your phone number, you expressly consent to us contacting you via phone call or text message for any of the purposes mentioned above at that phone number. Message and data rates may apply for any text messages sent from us to you or from you to us. *The frequency of these text message communications will be disclosed to you before you opt-in to such communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages from us at any time by following the instructions outlined in the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information section of this Policy.
- We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide, as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sound’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sound about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sound, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the forms on which we collect your data. You can also always opt out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target audience preferences, you can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text Messaging Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving text messages from us at any time. To opt out, reply “STOP” to the text message that you received from us. After we receive your reply, we will send you a text message confirming that you have been successfully unsubscribed. After you receive this text message, you will no longer receive further text messages from us. If you change your mind and would like to opt back into receiving text messages from us, follow the same steps you originally took to sign up for the text messages. If you experience any issues with our text messages, you may reply to such communication or you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Update, Correct, or Delete Your Personal Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Changes to Our Policy
We may modify or change this Policy at any time. Such modifications or changes become effective immediately when they are posted to our Website. You agree to review this Policy frequently so that you will be familiar with the terms. You further agree that each time you access or use our Websites that you are, by such access and use, consenting to the terms of this Policy that are applicable at your time of use.
If you have questions or would like further information about this Notice, please contact:
Daniel Weissburg, Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer
Sound Inpatient Physicians, Inc.
1498 Pacific Avenue, Suite 400
Tacoma, WA 98402