May 20, 2016
Sound Physicians Awards Outstanding Leaders at National Leadership Conference
Tacoma, Wash. – May 20, 2016 – Sound Physicians, a leading healthcare organization focused on improving quality and lowering cost for patients throughout the acute episode of care, held its National Leadership Conference in Miami, Florida, on May 16 – 18. Themed Rhythm 2016, the conference is the largest gathering of Sound Physicians leaders with more than 600 people coming together. Rhythm 2016 featured educational seminars, service celebrations, team-building activities, as well as our annual Evening of Honor, which recognizes colleagues who demonstrate exceptional commitment to our values of quality, service, teamwork, innovation, and integrity.
This year’s award recipients include Summit Award: Sound Physicians leader who best embodies all of our core values – who sets the example of the kind of leader we’d all like to be.
- Femi Adewunmi, MD, Regional Chief Medical Officer, Eastern States
Quality Award: Person or team that demonstrates dedication to creating the best clinical outcomes and processes.
- Steve Evans, MD, Chief Hospitalist, St. John’s Regional Medical Center and Pleasant Valley Hospital (Oxnard, CA)
Service Award: Person or team that strives to exceed the expectations of our patients and medical community.
- Karen Cooke, National Director, Special Projects
Teamwork Award: Person or team that exemplifies a commitment to collaboration in patient care.
- Kashif Hassan, MD, Associate Regional Medical Director, The Intensivist Group, Regional Medical Center of San Jose (San Jose, CA)
Innovation Award: Person or team that exhibits creative and skillful problem solving proven to drive performance improvement.
- Devon Zoller, MD, Transitional Care Market Medical Director, Northwestern States
Integrity Award: Person or team that honors commitments to our patients, our practice and our partner hospitals; doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Edria Hoff, RN, Transitional Care Director, Clinical Services, Midwest States
Reverb Award: Team whose performance is most improved year over year.
- Small Site: Whidbey General Hospital (Whidbey Island, WA)
- Large Site: Santa Rosa Hospital – Westover Hills (San Antonio, TX)
Symphony Award: Team with the highest overall performance scores.
- Small Site: Mission Trail Baptist Hospital (San Antonio, TX)
- Large Site: Mercy Anderson Hospital (Cincinnati, OH)
Robert Bessler, MD, CEO of Sound Physicians commented, “The National Leadership Conference is an opportunity to educate, motivate and celebrate with Sound Physicians colleagues by connecting with the Senior Leadership team and each other. Rhythm celebrated the many great accomplishments and innovations of our organization for those who depend on high-quality healthcare.”
Keynote speakers at Rhythm 2016 included Patrick Conway, MD, MSc, who is the CMS Acting Principal Deputy Administrator and Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality & CMS Chief Medical Officer, and Gareth Malone, OBE, who is an English choirmaster and broadcaster. Rhythm 2016 is Sound Physicians’ 11th Annual National Leadership Conference. The meeting focuses on development and education for Sound Physicians colleagues in advancement toward our vision to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve.